Hello Hospitality Professionals!
Having celebrated 30 years of success, we are excited to add great people to our team to join us into this next step of our legacy.
Since November 2017, under new Ownership, Water Street Cafe has launched many exciting promotions including Happy Hour, Winemakers’ Dinners, 40% off Wine Mondays and the most recent, Live Music on the 2nd Floor.
Water Street Cafe is located in Gastown, right across from the world famous Steam Clock and surrounded by cobblestone streets. Our historic building, the Edward Hotel, was first constructed in 1906 and it is truly a special and unique establishment.
We are looking for leaders who are passionate about people and experts in providing the Perfect Guest Experience. We are currently looking for a Professional Manager who are motivated to take their careers to the next level at a truly special Vancouver restaurant! You must be a leader who is capable of working alongside a team: bussing, bartending, hosting and co-serving. We are a team environment and share all responsibilities.
• Honest, open and kind.
• Organization skills.
• Demonstrate honesty, integrity and leadership skills while maintaining a strong focus on training, growth and guest/ co-worker satisfaction.
• Set an example for a respectful, collaborative team while demonstrating appropriate working behaviours.
• Show results of problem solving abilities and effective and efficient conflict resolution.
• Be an individual who will focus on sales growth while adhering to company policies and target goals.
• Strives to grow and learn.
• Positive attitude at all times.
• Open to constructive feedback.
• Have basic wine and cocktail knowledge. WSET an asset.
• Basic computer skills.
This is a full-time position that requires open availability, including days, evenings, holidays and other.
Assets but not requirements:
• 2 years of leadership experience.
• Serving experience.
• Casual/Fine dining service experience.
• Have inventory management experience.
• Knowledge of Optimum Control Inventory System.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Knowledge of Squirrel POS.
Compensation: Salary, bonus plan, health benefits, meals, and the opportunity to be a part of an incredible team!
Thank you for your interest.
We look forward to connecting with you.
The Water Street Cafe, established in 1988, is on the corner of Water Street and Cambie Street directly across form the world famous Steam Clock. On the ground level with 15 foot floor to ceiling windows in the 1906 built Edward hotel this restaurant has a classic beauty that is unique to Vancouver. For you our coworkers and our many guests the cobble stoned streets and the historic Gastown area is sure to be a perfect fit.View Company