We are looking to bring on a leader to grow and diversify the Company. Are you interested in:
• A long-term career where you get paid what you are worth with results-based compensation?
• An opportunity to put your own skills and ideas into action?
• Becoming part of a company that celebrates initiative, diversity, and provides independence and autonomy in exchange for accountability and performance?
• Working in a fun, fast-paced, team-oriented environment where you can help shape the culture?
Depending on personal circumstances of the candidate, employment could be part time for the first several months and involve taking time to learn the business, identify areas of opportunity to improve the business, implementing new systems that have been identified and manage the limited day-to-day operations. During this time, you would also be trained on all office duties.
As social gathering restrictions ease and the business is able to operate again, the employment arrangement will convert to full-time, requiring you to run all facets of the business; building your team as well as overseeing three key departments: scheduling, customer service, and event logistics. In addition to the day-to-day operations, you will be responsible for creating annual budgets and reviewing budget to actual results with the board of directors monthly. As the Company returns to its pre-pandemic scale, there will be an expectation of the General Manager to look for new opportunities, methods, and staff to continue to profitability grow the business.
The successful applicant must be reliable, hardworking, honest, friendly and professional with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You must be ready, able and willing to delegate, or do yourself, any job necessary to deliver an exceptional client experience. While all staff will report to you, hands on leadership is expected.
When the business is fully operational, the daily roles and responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to:
• Managing and working with office staff, warehouse manager, drivers and event staff including many part-time workers to ensure customer events receive best-in-class service
• Ensuring proper communication and coordination between the customer, the office scheduling team and the delivery team to see clients wishes are carried out and deliveries always arrive early
• Problem solving, working with clients, finding solutions for them and the Company. Ensuring client enquiries or questions via email or phone are responded to within four business hours
• Maintaining quality and safe service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
• Recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, scheduling and disciplining employees; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising event results; developing incentives; cultivating a climate for offering information and opinions and providing educational opportunities. In addition to overseeing the management of part time staff
• Planning ahead so that equipment and trucks are well maintained and keeping track of stock and inventory
• Overseeing marketing strategy and developing business to business relationships with other events-based organizations to drive sales
• Accomplishing company objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections; along with P&L oversight and bottom-line growth
• Reporting directly to the board of directors on a monthly basis and consulting on strategic initiatives on an as needed basis. Ownership believes 2021 will be a year of re-building and implementing systems for the future profitability of the business
• As the business continues to grow it is expected the General Manager will continue to grow the team, their own role and delegate these duties to their team
Your skills and qualifications would include:
• Have three or more years of previous managerial, HR and office experience
• Have experience in the events industry
• Be extremely detail oriented and organized
• Have strong verbal and written English communication skills
• Have efficient keyboarding and computer skills including MS Word & Excel
• Be a fast learner and have the ability to take and give direction in a fast-paced environment
• Be a self-starter that is able to accomplish all tasks correctly and efficiently and work with no daily supervision
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit
• Be physically fit and able to move heavy loads, drive a truck/forklift and assist or do yourself any job that needs doing in a small business environment
• Have a "get your hands dirty" approach to all aspects of the business
• Have a valid Class 5 driver’s license and reliable vehicle
• Be able to pass an RCMP criminal background check
• Be on-call evenings and/or weekends as required during busy seasons or build a team that is capable of trouble shooting
• Previous experience in the rental business and/or events industry is an asset, but not required
The successful candidate will be compensated through a combination of fixed salary and profit sharing with a clear path to annual compensation of $100,000. Fixed salary shall be between $50,000 to $70,000 depending on the candidate’s experience. In addition to the salary, a discretionary bonus will be available based on profitability and growth of the business. The position includes three weeks of paid vacation to be taken in arrears during slow periods.
Interested candidates are asked to apply online. Only full applications will be considered and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Based in Port Coquitlam, Houle Games has been serving Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and Sea to Sky corridor since 1995. The Company provides unique and entertaining games and activities for corporate functions, dry grads, special events, community events, and casual entertaining.View Company