Chef David Hawksworth is searching for a qualified Junior Sous Chef to assist in managing the kitchen brigade at Nightingale Restaurant.
Salary will be dependent on experience and skill level.
The Junior Sous Chef is a management role aiding in the responsibility for culinary excellence. The position is comprised of effective communication and leadership. Directly reporting to the Head Chef. This role is a driving force for the continued pursuit of quality modern Canadian cuisine.
- Report directly to the Head Chef.
- Contributes to daily ordering to all food and non-food related vendors for kitchen.
- Strive to constantly improve all food preparation, presentations and menu selections.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Head Chef.
- Attend weekly sous chef/management meetings.
- Must be flexible with hours worked and be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Oversee staff/family meal daily.
- Promote a fun, professional, and disciplined work environment.
- Support, coach, lead and motivate kitchen colleagues.
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards and expectations.
- Ensure proper hygiene.
- Contribute in a leadership role for all food production.
We look forward to hearing from you!
A nightingale was sitting aloft an oak and singing when he was seen by a Hawk who, being in need of food, swooped down and seized him. The nightingale, about to lose his life, begged the Hawk to let him go; saying that he was not big enough to satisfy the hunger of the Hawk who, if he wanted food, ought to pursue the larger birds. The Hawk, interrupting him said, "I should indeed have lost my senses if I should let go of food in my hand for the sake of pursuing birds that are not yet even within sight."
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Enjoy the present and celebrate the here and now with us at Nightingale.