We at Heritage Park Society are excited to announce that we are currently searching for an exceptional HEAD STEWARD who will be committed to our mission, vision, and values.
Under the direction of the Executive Sous Chef, the Head Steward is responsible for the safe operations of the kitchens: assets, consumables and perishables within the Heritage park and items required in other kitchens and service pantries across the Park.
We are excited to welcome you to our team and look forward to your positive impact!
Who Are We?
Heritage Park staff has for nearly 60 years prided itself in representing the communities in which we live and embracing the diverse backgrounds of our guests and colleagues.
At work, we are committed to providing a positive, safe and healthy work environment where we can support one another and work together in harmony.
This environment can only be sustained if we all commit to working together collaboratively, showing respect through our actions and words and being tolerant of one another.
Head Steward (Dishwashing/Porter Manager)
This Is You
• This individual needs to communicate, cooperate, and collaborate efficiently with internal teams creating and implementing strategies for operational efficiencies and regulatory safety protocols (AHS and HASAP);
• Design, implement and execute strategies directed at cost controls related to equipment maintenance, monitoring and reduction of breakage/damages and food inventory acceptance into the kitchen and day fridge/freezers for upcoming event preparation. There is a high degree of problem-solving required;
• Maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes and sorts soiled dishes, and preps foods as needed. Keeps dish area free of clutter and organized;
• Sets up dish stations, including dish machines and sinks;
• Properly washes, stacks, and stores china, glassware, silverware, cookware, and storage containers;
• Assists in the timely storing of food deliveries;
• Maintains the dry storage area and the organization of storage shelves;
• Follows the posted daily dish-cleaning duties;
• any other duties set forth or requested by the chef as needed.
Requirements and Skills
• High school diploma in addition to completion of a relevant post-secondary certificate or equivalent designation;
• Experience in a commercial kitchen is an asset.
• All successful candidates will be required to go through Police Information Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening if working with minors) as a condition of employment.
Special Clothing and Equipment
Heritage Park provided uniforms. Personal tools and appropriate footwear are to be supplied by the individual.
Special Working Conditions
Potential exposure to hot and cold temperatures; long periods of standing.
Hours of Work
Hours will vary depending on the level of business, up to 40 hours per week. Early morning, evening and weekend work may be required throughout the year.
What We Offer
• Flexible work arrangements;
• Comprehensive Benefits package includes Extended Health Care, Dental Benefits, Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Employee and Family Assistant Program (EFAP);
• Employer-matched Pension Plan at 5%;
• Generous paid time off, including Vacation days, Sick Time;
• Working in a beautiful park setting;
• Free entrance to the Park, including to our many public special events;
• Employee discounts on food and retail items and free parking.
Why You Will Love Working For Heritage Park
Application→Phone Screening→Interview→Offer → Background Check→Orientation
Heritage Park is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion within our community. We welcome applications from qualified candidates who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees. Please contact us at email@example.com for accessibility-related inquiries.
Heritage Park Historical Village is a living history museum where there is much to do, see and experience. Spanning Western Canadian history from the 1860s to the 1950s, you will see our iconic past not only preserved but also presented in an immersive, unique experience. From following street-performing troupes around the park, and interacting with a variety of animals, to getting a fresh cinnamon bun at the Alberta Bakery, guests will find something to transport you back in time. Costumed interpreters bring Heritage Park's attractions and exhibits to life.View Company