Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Territory Sales Manager to join the Data, Power & Control Division Sales Team in Western Canada. The Territory Sales Manager is a quota carrying sales position doing both direct and indirect selling to Data Centre and Critical Facility managers in Enterprise Class organizations. This position is responsible for total revenue in the territory and will work with Value Added Resellers, Direct Marketers & System Integrators to capture market share and achieve revenue targets for Server Technology & Raritan Power, Software & IT Access Solutions, and Legrand Cabinet & Containment Products.
Here's why this opportunity is so special...
- This is an opportunity to represent our best-in-class data centre portfolio of brands including Server Technology, Raritan, and Legrand product lines within the Data, Power & Control Division.
- We offer complete and comprehensive product training as those who represent our products are known as experts in the field.
- We are an industry leader and design the highest quality rack PDU's, IT Access Solutions, and Enterprise Cabinets. We provide the best customer and technical support and have the most patents in the industry. Our products are unique.
- We are looking for a techno-savvy Territory Sales Manager with the ability to take our existing account base and grow it. Ideal candidate will reside in Western Canada.
What Will You Do?
- Direct Account Selling to Large and mid-sized Enterprises.
- Engage in New Account acquisition focusing on large Fortune 500 data centre clients.
- Meet with key customers and decision makers to develop effective relationships. Be an end-user resource to help develop solutions.
- Coordinate the involvement of Data, Power & Control Division team, including sales, support, service, and management resources, in order to meet sales objectives and customer expectations.
- Work closely with Data, Power & Control Division's Channel Management teams and channel partners to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the selling process.
- Utilize proactive selling methods to improve market share, revenue growth, and profitability as defined by the Data, Power & Control Division.
- Design, develop, enhance and execute business and marketing plans to maximize sales and profits and overall customer satisfaction.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively support Regional Channel Sales Manager in the planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Manage customer accounts by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and channel partner personnel.
- Provide regular updates to senior management on status and performance of customer accounts within the territory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University with emphasis in Business, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years inside or outside sales experience in information technology industry, data centre industry and enterprise account experience preferred.
- Project management skills including planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint), experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide information across multiple groups in the Company including Finance, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel up to 50-75%.
Ideal candidate will also have
- Passion for technology products and finding solutions for customers.
- Experience working with Channel Partners.
- Established network within the data centre industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with end-users and decision makers to provide tailored Legrand solutions.
Work environment is fast paced, and priorities can shift quickly. All employees are expected to go outside their primary responsibilities when required, and multi-task job duties on a regular basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Representing more than 150 years of innovation, Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Our purpose is improving lives by transforming the spaces where people live, work and meet with electrical and digital infrastructures and connected solutions that are simple, innovative and sustainable. Every day, over 39,000 Legrand employees work hard to enhance the buildings of tomorrow. Legrand is a global, publicly traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with revenue of €7 billion, and products sold in 180 countries. For more information, visit www.legrandgroup.com/en
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 6,500 associates in 50 locations, working across six divisions/sector: Audio Visual, Building Controls Systems, Data Power and Controls, Electrical Wiring Systems, and Lighting. We hold a leading position in every North American market we serve and focus on exceeding our customers’ needs within the commercial, residential, and industrial industries. LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as distinctive benefits like a high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity and parental leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active/growing Employee Resource Group network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growing company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us
About Legrand’s Data Center Power and Control Division
The industry-leading brands of Approved Networks, Ortronics, Raritan, Server Technology, and Starline empower Legrand’s Data, Power & Control to produce innovative solutions for data centers, building networks, and facility infrastructures. Our division designs, manufactures, and markets world-class products for a more productive and sustainable future. The exceptional reliability of our technologies results from decades of proven performance and a dedication to research and development.
Equal Opportunity Employer