The Lounge Line Cook, reporting to the Executive Chef and Sous Chef, will focus on cooking for the membership and other guests to the golf course in the Creekside Lounge. You will work with the Sous Chef on the execution of the regular menu, monthly fresh sheet and daily specials. Making sure the daily prep and organization of the kitchen area will also be included.
The Line Cook job description is broken down as follows:
• Minimum one-year experience and training in large quantity food preparation, food handling techniques and interpreting recipes as required.
• Food Safe Level 1 is required.
• Follow guidelines laid out by the Executive Chef and Sous Chef on how to prepare items on the daily menu, monthly fresh sheets and daily specials.
• Work with the Sous Chef on keeping the prep up to par levels and informing about the need to order more items for the line.
• Work with Kitchen and Front-End Team Members to maintain high standards of cleanliness, proper storage of items and proper close procedures.
• Emphasis on efficiency, accuracy, professionalism and courtesy at all time.
• To ensure that exceptional guest service is provided and that our members and guests enjoy a great dining experience.
• Some prep and working banquet shifts will be required.
Resumes with a cover letter (in one document and as a PDF) can be emailed to:
C/O Chilliwack Golf Club
Subject Line: Creekside Lounge Line Cook
Deadline for applications: March 31, 2021
Compensation for this position will be determined by experience. Seasonal position that is full time from the months of April to Mid-October, with part time until Mid-December. An attractive extended health benefits package is available in addition to tips and gratuities.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Chilliwack Golf Club, established in 1958, is a semi-private facility located between Chilliwack and Abbotsford, only 45 minutes from Vancouver. It features magnificent tree lined fairways, a creek that meanders through the back nine and breathtaking mountain vistas in every direction. Members and the public have enjoyed the Fraser Valley’s most popular golf course for over 60 years. With a reputation for world class conditioning (year-round), Chilliwack has played host to every major Provincial Championship.View Company