White Table Catering - www.whitetablecatering.com
Nature & Scope
Working alongside the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef will be responsible for ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of the White Table Catering Kitchen Facility, with a focus on maintaining optimum food quality and food safety standards during preparation and at our events.
The Sous Chef will lead the execution of on-site and/or off-site events as necessary and provide professional, focused and humble leadership to the event staff and kitchen team as necessary.
The Ideal Applicant should:
- Have high-end restaurant or catering experience (fine dining experience is an asset)
- Be technically proficient in their culinary craft and have the desire to continue learning and growing in their culinary techniques - A culinary school diploma is an asset.
- Feel at home in high-volume, fast-paced environments - Catering experience is an asset.
- Enjoy cooking in different environments (outdoors, indoors, homes, large venues)
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Be creative and keep up to date with trends in the ever evolving culinary landscape
- Be organized, efficient and prepared. Always ahead of the game.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that menu items are prepared in a timely manner and to the highest level
- Communicate respectfully and effectively with all team members across the organization
- Supervise and run the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Create daily prep lists for the team and ensure that all production goals are met
- Support the Executive Chef with ordering, inventory and maintenance systems
- Maintain required Food Safe health standards
- Contribute to menu & recipe development
- Contribute to a clean, sanitary and professional work environment
- Dishwashing, cleaning and garbage/compost / recycling removal as required
- Approach all tasks in line with the White Table philosophy, aesthetics and standard of excellence
- Participate in evaluation processes after each event and make recommendations / plans for improvement
- Complete any other duties necessary to ensure the success of the operation
- Promote teamwork, cleanliness and professionalism
At White Table Catering we are passionate about what we do, whether it be serving our guests in the venue of their choice or preparing client meals in our modern on-site kitchen facility or off-site in our customized mobile kitchen. As one of the fastest growing catering companies in the Fraser Valley, we strive for excellence, integrity and attention to detail in every facet of our operations.View Company