Taproom Manager | Job Description
Sidekick Brewing is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish People, including the Stó:lō Nation.
The Taproom Manager’s responsibilities are to provide smooth service in the tasting room, create a welcoming environment for customers, and address their concerns. The ideal candidate has 3+ years in a leadership or management position at a brewery, winery, or restaurant. Existing beer/brewing knowledge is a plus, but the emphasis is on elevating customer experience and leadership.
The Taproom Manager will work the floor, but is expected to work a majority of the time in management responsibilities, with the focus being on leading a team, community outreach, and helping manage our taproom events.
- Maintain a welcoming, educational, and inviting experience in the taproom.
- Manage guest satisfaction and the overall brewery visitor experience.
- Manage taproom inventory ordering and control.
- Help facilitate the coordination for events hosted in the taproom and outside events and festivals.
- Ensure team is meeting customer service standards and adhering to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Foster continued growth of the team by leading through example.
- Complies with all provincial and local requirements for alcohol.
- Schedule and manage front-of-house employees in the taproom.
- Schedule quarterly trainings and help facilitate team outings.
- Continued learning and growth in beer education especially—but not limited to—Sidekick’s current products.
- Be an active member in hiring of new front-of-house employees.
- Manage taproom inventory, SKUs and pricing.
- Manage, create and update menus, signage, etc.
- Manage, clean, troubleshoot or delegate thereof draught lines and draft.
- Is able to, and has experience in, controlling costs, managing multiple budget lines, and ensuring the team is hitting targets.
- Help coordinate beer releases and events with events manager and production team.
- Communicate weekly with Management Team to review and present tasting room financials, upcoming events, and general operational issues.
- Schedule monthly meetings with Management Team to discuss strategies for improvement, daily operations, and logistical development as Sidekick Brewing continues to grow.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position. Sidekick Brewing offers benefits and a salary range of $43,680 - $54,600, depending on experience and qualifications.
We strongly encourage applications from women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+/2S, immigrant, and folks from other marginalized communities.
We require all staff to be double vaccinated and stay up to date on boosters. We will follow federal and provincial guidelines and regulations to prioritize the health and safety of our staff and the communities we serve.