WHO IS SIDEKICK BREWING
We aim to draw people from all walks of life to the same table through a shared love of quality beer, delicious food, and community.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
We choose equity as the road to equality
We choose curiosity over assumptions
We choose quality over quantity
We choose collaboration over competition
As a Line/Prep Cook, you are an essential part of the engine room of our Kitchen. From ensuring our pars and ingredients are ready for the day's service, to working a station during a busy service. You will work alongside great people in a supportive and inclusive environment preparing orders to a consistently high standard.
The Line/Prep Cook role is suited to applicants with previous kitchen experience. This is a casual position with a variable shift schedule, including days, evenings, and weekends, and is offered as a part- or full-time role. Those seeking to advance their culinary careers will be offered opportunities to develop their skills and regularly take on new challenges!
• Maintains quality communication with Chef and other kitchen team members and Front of House team members
• Prepares ingredients to recipe standards in sufficient quantities for upcoming service as directed by Chef and Sous Chef
• Ensures the highest standard of cleanliness at all times, and works proactively to reduce wastage while maintaining the highest quality of food served
• May be assigned a specific station in the kitchen, which will rotate for training and coverage purposes
• Station maintenance including pre and post-shift prep and cleaning checklists
• Undertakes stock rotation, supports inventory management processes
• Participates in regular deep cleaning schedule and ad hoc kitchen hygiene responsibilities as directed
• Assists in cleaning and organization of the Dish Cleaning area
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Willingness to learn
• At least 6–9 months of prior experience in a casual dining kitchen
• Growing understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
FOODSAFE Level 1
Tips are in addition to base wage
All team members can expect a supportive, enjoyable work environment with professional growth opportunities.
Our team reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from everyone, and especially welcome interest from people with disabilities, those who identify as BIPOC, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ communities.