Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
With a combination of your proactive leadership style and genuine interest in customers, you will pave the way for a highly motivated team to create the ideal dining experience!
Use your passion for food and business to manage the front-of-house activities and ensure the best in service and quality.
A Great Fit, if You
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Take initiative in resolving issues and can empower a team to excel
- Love building relationships, and encouraging open communication and collaboration
- Manage your time well while handling multiple tasks under pressure
- Enjoy the excitement of casino operations
- Balance the strategic with the hands-on
- Are keen on the details and like to balance people interaction with daily paperwork
- Feel most energetic at night and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
What You Bring
- Manages staff service activities, resources, budget and scheduling
- Supervises and mentors the team; conduct recruitment, training, task allocation, and performance evaluation
- Contributes to the menu and ensures that front-of-house offerings are of the highest caliber
- Maintains and promotes updated knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Collaborates with management and coordinates food and beverage service for special events
Why Work for Us?
- 1 to 2 years experience in restaurant supervision or an equivalent combination of education, and experience
- The ability to obtain registration with either the BCLC, AGLC or AGCO (based on province)
- FOODSAFE Level 1 Certificate (In BC) / Mini Food Safety Course (In Alberta)
- DealUs In training completed prior to start date (In Alberta)
- Leadership skills – able to direct and supervise staff
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations
- Able to lift up to 15 pounds
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it’s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy. Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. Apply Now!
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.