Job Type: Full-Time - Fine Dining
The Gateway to Your Future
As Chef de Partie you get to oversee your own section of the kitchen ? where you create a world of flavour. We want you to bring your creativity, your tastes, your soul to the plate and help build food that you ? and we ? can be proud to serve. Get the chance to nourish and grow your career in a major national company with the promise of a competitive salary and excellent benefits package for full-time employees. We reward commitment, tenacity and hard work. See what it means to enter an opportunity-rich gateway in your career.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
What You Bring
- Prepare food according to recipe/portion expectations.
- Supervise a small team of staff.
- Responsible for presentation and garnishing.
- Lead others by example and deliver extraordinary service and food.
- Prepares and properly garnishes food orders as they are received in accordance with recipes and proper plate presentation.
- Supervises and supports team members in own section to achieve optimum quality.
- Follows proper safety, hygiene, and sanitation practices at all times.
- Ensures close down of section in accordance with departmental procedures and standards.
Why Work With Us?
- Two or more years in a cook position or extensive culinary experience.
- Diploma or Certificate in Culinary Arts or equivalent education.
- Red Seal or equivalent certification is an asset.
- Solid understanding of meat, starch, sauces, soups, and food safety preparation.
- Foodsafe Certificate is an asset.
- Well-rounded in all areas of the kitchen with knowledge of pastry, sauces, and line cooking.
- Rock-solid leadership and training skills.
- Cool and calm under pressure with a determined work ethic and a positive attitude.
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy. Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. Apply Now!
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.