Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
It's the Chef who brings the soul to the kitchen and the plate. If you have a passion for creating memorable food and understand what it takes to lead a culinary team, we want to hear from you. The Chef position is a rewarding career opportunity for someone who can independently oversee every aspect of food preparation and management, including planning and pricing menu items, ordering supplies and developing dishes.
As the Chef, you will lead the team and continually work towards making magic on the plate. Get the chance to nourish and grow your career with an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and 29 locations throughout Canada. If you have a passion for being an integral part of something exciting and meaningful and can inspire a culinary team, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
What You Bring
- Directs and coordinates all food and beverage preparation ensuring the highest quality.
- Carries out all food purchases and maintains proper inventory levels guaranteeing cost controls are in place.
- Coordinates frequent workplace inspections and relevant training of all staff and promptly reports any workplace accident or incident.
- Maintains records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory.
- Ensures all kitchen stations remain stocked before and during meal periods.
- Manages employee scheduling and performance through training, coaching, evaluation and mentoring.
- Trains all staff to meet company standards of food quality, preparation and customer service.
- Ensures that proper safety, hygiene, and sanitation practices are followed.
Why Work With Us?
- Diploma or degree in culinary arts or culinary training and three to five years of related food service management experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive cooking and production experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills and the ability to form and maintain a strong team.
- Red Seal certification or equivalent preferred.
- Serving It Right (BC)/ Proserve (Alberta) certificate.
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMS), Provincial Health Regulations and sanitation laws.
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, word processing, email and scheduling.
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Must be available to work all shifts and be on call 24/7.
- Provincial certifications for alcohol service and food preparation.
- Knowledgeable in safety and fire prevention/evacuation procedures.
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 29 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy. Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (Gateway) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 29 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. Apply Now!
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.