Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
If you love the buzz of the dining room and helping to run a talented team of hospitality pros, the Restaurant General Manager is the career choice for you. As an integral part of the team, your success is critical, and you know this. You understand what it takes to manage multiple tasks, oversee and guide staff, and maintain and build a loyal clientele. You also know how to utilize traditional media and social media to boost awareness and promote events and drive the restaurant's success.
If you know how to support a growing team, while growing business, we want to hear from you. While you work hard at maintaining our high standards in dining excellence, we provide you with an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary at a national company with more than 27 locations throughout Canada.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
What You Bring
- Maintain and demonstrate expert knowledge of event promotions.
- Ensure profitability of restaurant by achieving financial and performance goals.
- Supervise shift operations, including all employee and guest related functions.
- Motivate team to deliver top-notch service to ensure exceptional guest experience.
- Participate in training and guidance of employees.
- Manage opening and closing procedures, including cash-outs and daily sales reporting.
- Maintain compliance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for cash management activities.
- Follow Proserve and company policies.
Why Work With Us?
- 3 years of supervisory experience in a high-volume, full-service restaurant or four-star hotel and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- World Host/Super Host certificate or similar customer service programs.
- WHMIS training preferred.
- Wine knowledge or experience as a Wine Steward an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both speaking and writing.
- Working knowledge of computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and people skills.
- An eye for detail, reliable, punctual, efficient, and diligent in duties and responsibilities.
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy. Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (Gateway) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. Apply Now!
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.