Job Type: Casual
The Gateway to Your Future
Do you like chatting and interacting with guests? Know how to have fun on the job, work well under pressure, juggle multiple demands in a team setting? If you like the flexibility of working evenings and weekends, in a fast-paced dining room. Put yourself in the heart of the action.
Gateway is seeking a dynamic, outgoing and energetic Server who loves to create buzz and excitement, as well as provide an outstanding and personalized guest experience. As a Lounge Server, you will increase guest loyalty by building a client network and promoting events and products. You can manage the needs of guests with a smile, bring stellar listening skills and create a warm, comfortable dining experience guests will remember. While you do that, we provide you with an excellent benefits package and competitive wages at a national company with more than 27 locations throughout Canada.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
What You Bring
- Maintains and demonstrates expert knowledge of products, events and promotions.
- Takes orders, expedites and serves food and beverages accurately within time guidelines.
- Participates in promotional activities including social media, events and photo sessions.
- Introduces or presents live entertainment as required.
Why Work With Us?
- Two years or more experience in a similar high-volume restaurant (casual dining) environment.
- Cash handling experience using POS system or cashier register.
- Tourism, promotion, marketing, entertainment or event training experience preferred.
- Serving It Right (BC)/ Proserve (Alberta) certificate/ Smart Serve (Ontario).
- World Host / Super Host certificate or other similar customer service programs preferred.
- Proven selling, marketing, and service skills in a dining, retail, or promotions environment.
- Food Safe Level 1 certificate.
- Effective public speaking skills and presence.
- Ability to carry up to 30 pounds, specifically a fully loaded serving tray.
- Knowledge of specialty food and beverage items.
- Successful In-house testing on knowledge of specialty food and beverage items.
- Successful In-house testing on service delivery and promotional ability.
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy. Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. Apply Now!
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.