We are currently seeking fun, energetic and passionate prep cooks/line cooks to join our team at Haven Kitchen + Bar. Escape the chain restaurants and find your new adventure. Haven Kitchen + Bar awaits your vibrant personality. At Haven, our goal is to create a unique and memorable experience for every guest, every time.
The role of Line/Prep Cook reports directly to the Executive Chef. This role cooks and prepares a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stock, breads; and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to kitchen protocols and standards.
• Ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with Haven’s recipes, assembly manuals and charts.
• Prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to indicate levels on hand and amounts required.
• Clean and organize the kitchen at all times. Follow all required checklists and cleaning schedules during and following his/her shift.
• Assure the proper care and maintenance of all food service equipment; identify equipment needs for food preparation and service.
• Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
• Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant
• Performs other duties as assigned and directed by the Executive Chef.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma
• Level 1 Foodsafe
• Minimum 5 years in a professional kitchen.
• Must be eligible to work in the Canada.
• Culinary school an asset but not necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Passion for fresh ingredients and producing great food every day.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
• Customer service skills able to exceed guest expectations.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must work well within a restaurant culture.
• Ability to work under intense pressure
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
• A positive and team-oriented attitude.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
We are an equal-opportunity employer who prides itself on the diversity of the staff we employ. Potential for growth within the company is possible for the right candidates. We offer apprenticeship program for those looking to obtain their Red Seal.
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 per hour + tips