Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival.
- When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
- When immediate seating is limited, record guest names and number of people in party.
- Call out name and number of party when tables become available.
- Provide guests with estimated waiting time.
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Seat guest/guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations.
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server's name. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Relay messages to servers and buspersons as needed.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively in the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
The new Murphy’s Law Pub & Kitchen is The Beaches new local! We’re pulling 24 taps of craft beer and have over 20 bottles in the fridge. We’re the home of hand-crafted cocktails, plentiful bourbons and a daily $4.50 Pour!
Looking for something to eat, we’ve got all your pub favourites done right – like our fish n’ chips hand-battered every day, or our made-in-Pub chicken pot pie. But we’ve mixed it up with some stuff that you wouldn’t find at most pubs- you gotta have our Elk Burger and you’ll get it.
We have live music Thursdays to Saturdays and we serve up an epic brunch with, of course, $4 Caesars to get your weekend started. Feel like getting outside? Relax and refresh on one of our patios or check out the view from our rooftop ‘Loft’ patio.
Drop into the new Murphy’s Law and raise a pint!