Who are we:
Here at Atai Bistro our kitchen is focused on celebrating quintessential Moroccan Flavours with classic French cooking techniques. Our menu offers a creative and contemporary take on authentic dishes with wide selections of the freshest ingredients made into a variety of mezze dishes, flatbreads, brochettes, and tagines.
The Floor Manager assists the Assistant General Manager (AGM) in the day-to-day operations of the restaurant . Functionally reports to the AGM and oversees front-of-house restaurant staff including servers, bartenders, food runners, hosts, bussers and bar backs.
- Supports the Restaurant AGM with hiring, assigning, training, evaluating and terminating employees
- Documents, investigates, escalates and resolves all employee and guests incidents
- Ensures exceptional service standards are consistently met and that activities are carried out effectively
- Inspects dining room and storage areas to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Estimates front-of-house food and beverage needs, and supervises intake orders to ensure specifications
- Reviews financial information such as sales, inventory and costs to monitor budget
- Meets with dining room and bar personnel to plan restaurant activities, special events share information, etc.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 2+ years of experiencing leading or managing a front-of-house restaurant team
- Solid understanding of steps of service
- Outstanding communication, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in Restaurant Management or Hospitality preferred
- Knowledge of french-moroccan cuisine and beverage highly preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Food Handler’s License preferred
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment: ATAI is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. ATAI encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A PERUVIAN-INSPIRED KITCHEN
Mira finds its inspiration from the bold flavours of Peru’s culinary culture. The menu offers a creative and contemporary take on authentic dishes with wide selections of the freshest seafood and meats made into a variety of ceviches, tiraditos and anticuchos.
The bar, with its smoky mirrors and dim lights sets the tone for a unique pisco cocktail list that stays true to its Latin American roots while providing familiarity through a classic cocktail lens. A true feast for the senses. Escape to Mira for the evening, tucked away in the heart of Toronto’s King West.