Catalyst Cooks at Altea Active go the extra mile to deliver high quality food products to our members and guests. They are meticulous when it comes to preparing a mean dish and rise to the occasion during peak business hours. They are easily adaptable to order preferences and keep both taste and visual appeal at the forefront. Catalyst Cooks are an integral part in ensuring members receive their orders in a timely manner ultimately feeding their cravings. Behind the scenes they ensure the Catalyst kitchen is kept spick and span, ready to tackle any and all orders from our members ready to chow down.
This job might be for you if you have the following talents & spirit:
- You’re Approachable: You’re on a first name basis with members, guests and teammates and it’s common for them to stop for a quick chat when they see you bustling about.
- You’re Charismatic: You’ve got the gift of the gab and can talk to anyone about anything
- You Have Communication Superpowers: You play well with others and have excellent oral and written communication skills. You demonstrate the ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively using speech in individual or group situations; attend to and fully comprehend what others are saying.
- You’re Cool Under Pressure: You’re cool, calm and collected in pressured situations.
- You’re Detail Orientated: You cross your T’s and dot your I’s by maintaining client records highly organized with flawless attention to detail. You’re not one to cut corners. You pay attention to the details. As far as your concerned, anything worth doing, is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You’re Efficient & Resourceful: You’re a skilled multi-tasker and can handle juggling various tasks with a smile on your face. You maximize your time by being highly efficient
- You’re Fast Paced: You’re on the ball and move at a fast pace and have great physical stamina as many of your working hours will be standing, bending, and moving, which requires good physical stamina and fitness.
- You’re Friendly: You’re a people person and can easily cultivate positive client relations and retention. You have a friendly and welcoming personality.
- You’re Flexible: You can roll with the punches and positively adapt to change. You’re like Gumby and can remain flexible with working long hours, early mornings, evening and weekends.
- You’re Motivated & Driven: You’re motivated and driven. You take initiative. You identify opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to resolve them. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
- You Have a Positive Attitude: You’re always upbeat, energetic and have a positive attitude
- You Can Build Rapport: You have a knack for establishing rapport and building relationships.
- You’re Responsible & Reliable: You won’t burn the house down, you’re responsible and trustworthy. You’re reliable, if you say you’ll be there on time, you’ll be there on time.
- You’re a Team Player: You actively participate and foster an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others. You’re a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
As a Line Cook, a typical day might include the following:
- Prompt response to member orders
- Quality checking food prior to service delivery
- Cleaning and upkeep of the kitchen – follow daily cleaning list
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Prepare 5-star meals for our members and guests (steam, grill, bake, you name it to prepare orders)
- Arrange dishes for top-of-the-line presentation
- Work along side other kitchen staff to ensure smooth, calm, quality service
To land this role you need to have;
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a quick-service environment
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience working in a kitchen environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs
- Culinary degree or diploma considered an asset but not required
- Post-secondary education relating to the health and fitness industry and additional certifications or workshops relating to customer service are an asset.
- CPR/First Aid certification (required to have a minimum of Emergency First Aid and CPR certification) required prior to start date and must be maintained throughout employment. CPR is to be renewed annually
- All team members must provide a recent Criminal Background Check prior to commencement of training and/or work
- Experience in a new restaurant opening considered an asset
- Food Safety Course considered an asset
- W.H.M.I.S. considered an asset
Perks of this position include;
- A competitive salary + tip out
- Complimentary individual membership
-Group RRSP options
- Team Member perks
- Dining discount
- Flexible schedules
- Complete training and development package
- Working alongside great people in a culture that fosters empowerment
- Career-defining growth and development opportunities
In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at Altea Active. We want to see your personal style - what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is with us.
PLEASE NOTE: The purpose of this job advertisement is to provide you with a glimpse into the full responsibilities. It is not a complete explanation of duties, responsibilities or requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer and believes in treating everyone fairly regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and upon request will provide accommodations to candidates taking part in the selection process.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are a social wellness club created to nurture a healthier, more fulfilling life. Our offerings include a well-rounded balance of services, coaching, and amenities designed to strengthen your physical, social, spiritual, and mental wellbeing.View Company