Heirloom Vegetarian has an exciting opportunity for the right person. We are looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager to join and lead our team.
About us: Heirloom is in the heart of South Granville. A bright, open, and airy room serving meals made from organic, locally sourced, sustainable ingredients. Organic, vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free; there is something on our menu to satisfy everybody.
About you: Passionate about a healthy lifestyle. Fun, sociable and energetic with previous hospitality management experience and excellent customer service.
• Ensure a positive guest experience providing professional and prompt service.
• Hire and train new staff.
• Maintain an on-going training program for existing staff.
• Delegate tasks to staff, ensure side duties are done.
• Scheduling employees while monitoring stat holidays and vacation requests.
• Supervise daily labour ensuring clock in/outs are on time.
• Serve tables and bartend as needed during shoulder times and busy periods to ease labour costs and ensure smooth service
• Enforce company policies.
• Perform Opening and Closing procedures.
• Monitor QSAs submit reports to chef/upper management.
• Respond to customer feedback and resolve customer complaints promptly and professionally.
• Diffuse customer complaints. Approve discounts/promos.
• Monitor guest bills ensuring all items are rung in correctly.
• Communicate between upper management and staff.
• Communicate between the kitchen and FOH staff.
• Provide weekly KPI reports
- Forecast weekly sales and labour scheduling margins from forecasted sales in PUSH
- Report the forecasted margins by Tuesday for the following week
- Provide weekly COGS margins for liquor wine and beer by executing counts and pricing adjustments weekly
• Maintain Doordash and Skip menus and business times
• Mentor staff by creating a culture of inline with Heirlooms values and mission (see handbook)
• Maintain staff records and onboarding procedures in PUSH.
• Maintain TouchBistro pricing and products.
• Manage FOH inventory and stock levels – office supplies, menus, napkins, bar supplies etc.
• Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations.
• Inspect guest areas for cleanliness.
• Ensure all FOH areas are clean and well organized – front closet, behind the bar, bar fridges.
• Responsible for the maintenance of FOH equipment – espresso machine, bar fridges, glass washer etc.
- Communicating Restaurant repairs and maintenance needs to upper management.
• Bring any staffing/disciplinary issues to the attention of upper management.
• Oversee FOH incentives.
• Curate appropriate daytime and evening playlists.
• Perform other duties as required.
If you are passionate about providing excellent customer service, a team player with amazing work ethic and exceptional leadership skills please apply with your resume today!
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong attention to detail
• Problem solving skills
• Can work independently and as part of a team
• Works well under pressure in fast passed environment
• Food Safe and Serve it Right Certification
• Must be available to work weekends and stat holidays
Starting salary $45,000/year and benefits available after 3 months, staff meal
Delicious vegetarian offerings with amazing, loyal clientele. Located in the heart of the city. Heirloom is always looking for the best talent, but has a low turnover rate. Servers work modest hours and make great money in a fun, family orientated atmosphere. Because of these great perks, Heirloom has high standards for our staff. We expect fine dinning attention to detail while working in a laid back environment. If you have an interest in plant-based foods and the skills, this is the place for you.View Company