We are seeking an Assistant General Manager to join our team and contribute to our success.
The Assistant General Manager will play a vital role in supporting the General Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant. This position requires a strong focus on customer service, team management, financial management, and overall restaurant performance. The ideal candidate should have a passion for Italian cuisine, exceptional leadership skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Customer Service:
Ensure exceptional customer experiences by maintaining high service standards.
Address and resolve customer concerns and complaints promptly and professionally.
Train and motivate the staff to provide outstanding service.
• Team Management:
Assist in training restaurant staff.
Provide ongoing coaching and development to enhance team performance.
Foster a positive and collaborative work environment.
• Operations Management:
Collaborate with the General Manager to develop and implement operational policies and procedures. Oversee daily operations, including opening and closing procedures, cash handling, and inventory management.
Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, food safety and liquor licensing standards.
Conduct regular inspections to maintain cleanliness and organization.
• Reservations management:
Respond to; and manage enquiries – work with the GM in planning and executing events and group bookings.
• Previous experience in a managerial role within the restaurant industry.
• Excellent reliability and punctuality.
• Good Stamina – (some doubles / long days may be required.)
• Basic knowledge of Italian cuisine, including food and beverage pairings.
• Strong background in Bartending and Serving.
• High level of emotional intelligence.
• Exceptional customer service and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Proficiency in restaurant POS systems (we use "Lightspeed")
• Flexibility to work a mixture of shifts across a 5 day work week.
What we offer:
$45,000 per year + Tips
2 weeks paid vacation per fiscal year (pro-rated to start date)
Health & dental benefits plan (upon completion of probation period)
Free staff food when on shift
50% Discount when dining with Friends & Family
Opportunities for advancement in a growing business
If this sounds like a job for you; we invite you to apply for the position of Assistant General Manager at Sprezzatura!
Legal authorization to work in Canada / Valid SIN number
Serving It Right
sprez· za· tu· ra | \ sprāt-tsä-ˈtü-rä \
Definition: studied nonchalance : graceful conduct or performance without apparent effort
We are an honest Italian restaurant serving pizza, pasta & roasts in the heart of Mount Pleasant.
Open for dine-in, take out & delivery 7 days a week (lunch & dinner)