Posted 18 days ago
The Beach House restaurant is THE place to be on the North Shore for sophisticated seafood + wine, with engaging service and a fun atmosphere. We are known as the place to celebrate, relax, and enjoy life! This newly renovated heritage building yields stunning oceanfront views and cultivates a space for the community to come together and savour experiences that create memories for a lifetime.
We are opening in late November and we are looking to hire amazing people to be apart of our fun, dynamic team and who are interested in developing their culinary skills.
Start date would be late October/ early November for training before we open!
How to apply:
Apply online with your EightSix Profile (with your resume uploaded) and we will respond to you within 24 hours to schedule an in person interview.
Line Cook/Prep Cook:
Day and night, you are the soul of Beach House. Working the kitchen line is like playing on a sports team during the playoffs. Each station brings their ‘A’ game and works together to produce culinary masterpieces.
As a Line Cook / Prep Cook, you’ll:
• Be the hands and heart behind delivering on our mission of delivering irresistible food to our guests
• Create flow on the line by ensuring up to date knowledge of inventory levels at your station and timely delivery of orders
• Develop an environment of connected, committed teamwork through communication, the willingness to help others win and your great attitude, drive and commitment
• Be a business owner every shift you work, taking responsibility and accountability for the safety and cleanliness of your station, and quality of product you present.
What you bring to the line:
• The belief that people are the source of extraordinary experiences, and the desire to deliver irresistible food, every day.
• Huge pride in the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, a willingness to learn and an openness to feedback, coaching and mentorship.
• Communication skills that foster teamwork and coordination up and down the line.
• Required certifications to responsibly work in and create a safe and clean environment for food production and consumption (Food Safe Level 1 is a bonus).
• The ability to legally work in Canada (as a citizen, resident or holding other current and valid work permit).
The recruit (dishwasher) is the bread and butter to a successful restaurant. A restaurant can operate without a Head Chef or GM for a day successfully but we can’t operate for more than a few hours without YOU. Teamwork is the name of the game here. You will work side by side with passionate, like-minded people who want to succeed. You help ensure the Beach House environment is unbelievably clean and organized. If you’re interested in starting your career in the kitchen, this is the foundation of all our chefs’ careers. P.S. our very own President started as a Recruit! Say hello to possibility!
As a Dishwasher, you’ll:
• Be a key contributor in the restaurant’s ability to deliver quality and engaging experiences for each guest.
• Prioritize and process requests for clean tools and equipment, executing on flawless operations.
• Prevent machinery downtime with proactive maintenance efforts and ongoing attention to working quality of all tools and equipment.
• Be a business owner every shift you work, taking responsibility and accountability for the safety and cleanliness of your area, and quality and efficiency of your work.
What you bring to the team:
• The belief that people are the source of extraordinary experiences, and the desire to contribute to something bigger than yourself, every day
• A willingness to learn and an openness to feedback, coaching and mentorship
• The ability to legally work in Canada (as a citizen, resident or holding other current and valid work permit)
Date Available: October 30th, 2019
Compensation: Approximately $14.25 to $22.00
Other Positions: Dishwasher, Prep Cook
Requirements: Food Safe Level 1, Work Permit Necessary
Contact Name: General Manager