This position offers long-term leadership development and career advancement within the fastest-growing full-service restaurant company in Canada. We are looking for that special leader with a “No Finish Line” mentality, who promotes quality and consistency of service, supporting primary brand standards every step of the way. This person will be responsible for creating a positive and energetic work environment and should possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Take an active role in service during operating hours;
• Uphold our commitment to quality in service and brand standards with ongoing staff training;
• Maintain daily communication for food, wine and beverage details as they relate to service;
• Create a work environment where staff development and a job well done is recognized;
• Thorough dedication to product knowledge through participation in seminars and tastings;
• Accurately report all costs, meeting or exceeding all budgets;
• Create and maintain accurate P&L statements;
• Meet labor targets, balance daily cash, train staff, and conduct pre-shift meetings;
• Portfolio management, which may include bar inventory and ordering, staff scheduling and hiring;
• Increase check average, annual restaurant sales, and overall profitability;
• Develop and maintain regular clientele, building relationships with local guest community.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• At least 3 years restaurant/general manager experience, planning, coordinating and managing all aspects of the operation;
• Solid understanding of finances, P&L’s, income statements and cash flow;
• Current First Aid, Serving it Right and Food Safe Certification;
• Applied business acumen; franchise and/or multi-unit experience preferred;
• Action-oriented; you are quick and adaptive in your approach to solving problems;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and oral/written communication skills;
• Strong dedication to the highest quality service standards;
• Natural talent to train and coach effectively, executing to deliver outstanding guest experience;
• Demonstrated passion for food, beverage and all things related to the restaurant industry;
• Ability to build and foster professional relationships.
Browns Restaurant Group is dedicated to the art of presenting exceptional cuisine in our own stylish and unique setting. We’d like to think we simplify the dining experience, integrating fresh food and cheerful service in a relaxed environment.View Company