Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
Gateway is seeking a dynamic Assistant Restaurant Manager who?s ready to manage a dynamic team in an exciting environment. This vital role is central to creating memorable dining experiences for our guests by providing premium service and food. The Assistant Restaurant Manager position is ideal for those who thrive while overseeing a team of staff, engaging with guests, and creating memorable dining experiences.
While you work hard at maintaining our high standards in dining excellence, we provide you with an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary at a national company with more than 26 locations throughout Canada.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
What You Bring
- Maintain and demonstrate expert knowledge of products, events and promotions.
- Participate in promotional activities including social media, events and photo sessions.
- Introduce or present live entertainment as required.
- Monitor food and beverage sales, expenses, and promotions.
- Help with purchase orders, invoicing, presentations, and documents using Word and Excel.
- Manage reservations and catering services.
- Update social media, assist with HR issues, and maintain data inputs.
- Oversee communication and coordinate month-end food and beverage inventory.
Why Work With Us?
- Minimum three years of experience in a similar high-volume restaurant environment.
- Serving It Right (BC)/ Proserve (Alberta) certificate / Smart Serve (Ontario)
- Diploma or Certificate in hospitality or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food Safe Level 1 certificate.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, effectively and with a high level of detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database applications.
- Ability to maintain working relationships and to communicate policies and procedures.
- Friendly energy, efficient work techniques, and polite and patient personality.
- Excellent communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy. Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. Apply Now!
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.