The Gateway to Your Future
Gateway is committed to delivering memorable experiences for our guests by providing thoughtful services and exceptional opportunities for our team by enabling them to move ahead. The Outlet Runner is a key role in ensuring the flow of the dining room and the overall well-being of our guests. Gateway is seeking an energetic, committed and dependable Outlet Runner to join the team. If this sounds like a good fit, Gateway looks forward to hearing from you.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Maintain a professional appearance adhering to company and department grooming policy;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, positive demeanor, service and phone etiquette at all times;
- Directly or indirectly provide for superior customer service and promote excellent employee relations with co-workers;
- Problem solve any potential guest or crew complaints and alert management on issues that need further follow up;
- Recognize and use guest name at all times;
- Seat guests in a pleasant manner following the standards set forth by the department;
- Control guest flow of seating in the restaurant;
- Comply with all coupon and comp policies, sequences and steps of service for seating guests, handling/maintaining restaurant reservations, controlling flow and communication with VIP;
- Maintain cleanliness of restaurant lobby areas;
- Assist in all areas of the restaurant as needed to ensure guest satisfaction and support teamwork;
- Be knowledgeable about the daily activities in the Hotel and the Casino;
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items offered in the restaurant;
- Help maintain an organized, safe and clean outlet;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- Previous customer service experience in a fast paced environment in a similar role preferred;
- Ability to present an outgoing, confident and personable attitude at all times;
- Reliable and dependable work ethic;
- Excellent verbal English communication skills; Ability to read and write in English;
- Excellent time management skills; must have the ability to efficiently and calmly multi-task in a high volume, fast paced work environment;
- Must be able to carry out essential duties that include occasional lifting of dishes, trays, cutlery and other related service products from 2-44 lbs.;
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods (regular work shift 8 hours);
- Must have or be able to acquire Smart Serve certification;
- Understanding of guest flow and restaurant operations an asset.
- French language skills (verbal and written) are an asset
- All employees at Casino Rama are expected to:
- Comply with the duties of workers or supervisors, as prescribed by Section 27 or 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Comply with all applicable Casino Rama Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and protocols
- Demonstrate a positive health and safety attitude to ensure Casino Rama continuously provides a safe entertainment destination for patrons and co-workers
Why Work for Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. See for yourself what it’s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
To ensure that Casino Rama Resort is compliant with Provincial Regulations governing the age that you are able to enter/access a casino, no individuals that are under the age of nineteen (19) are permitted to access the Gaming Floor unless explicit approval has been received (i.e. hired as an employee). As such, we must conduct all interviews and meetings with applicant that are eighteen (18) years of age in either Casino Rama Resorts hotel or Kinoomaagewgamig Gii Teg (Administration Building). If this applies to you, please ensure that you are notifying the Recruiter associated with this job posting at the time of being offered to meet or being scheduled for an interview.