BierCraft Cambie is looking for a dedicated, motivated, and energetic individual to join our management team located in the Cambie area. We are accepting applications for an Assistant General Manager with a strong restaurant or bar background.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing the staff and service within the four walls, with an emphasis on the front of house.
* Upholding and enforcing BierCraft high quality standards and procedures
* Cultivating a positive work environment where staff may grow professionally
* Assist GM in front of house recruitment, hiring, and training
* Assist GM in scheduling front of house staff
* Assist GM in store shift management and budgetary controls
* Lead in developing and motivating staff to be their best
* Address issues as they arise, seeking positive solutions
* Manage restaurant in absence of the General Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
* At least two years of management or supervisorial experience working in a seated service restaurant
* A passion for servicing and hosting guests and connecting with new visitors and regulars
* The ability to train effectively and maintain high standards
* Leadership skills, such as: time management, communication, problem solving, and conflict resolution
* Strong computer and office administration skills
* Well versed in beer, wine, spirits, and food
* A strong knowledge in Belgian beers or having a Cicerone Certification is a plus
* Be able to help run the room while also taking a section
Compensation includes but not limited to:
* Competitive wages based on experience
* Health/dental benefits
* Tips from section and house tips
BierCraft is an undeniably crafted beer experience. From the best in Belgians to the best in Craft, we curate a remarkable offering in an environment that welcomes you just as you are. As beer stewards, we offer an unparalleled collection backed by the knowledge and pride to deliver the right pour in an unpretentious room. Our people are as diverse as our selection, and genuinely enjoy welcoming you to connect over a pint, a plate or a proverb.
Please provide a resume and references to be considered for this position. Thank you in advance for your interest in joining the team, but please note only some candidates will be contacted for an interview.
In the heart of the Cambie Village — along the newly opened Canada Line, BierCraft Bistro offers a fantastic selection of worldly and local Craft Beers along with a mouth-watering menu, great service and value.