Job Type: Relief
The Gateway to Your Future
This is a critical role to the success of the casino and a great way to get your foot in the door and learn the gaming industry from the ground up. A Count Team Member accurately retrieves, sorts, counts, and reconciles daily monetary receipts and deposits. To excel in this role, cash-handling experience and math precision are highly beneficial. While you work hard as a valued member of the Cage Team, we provide you with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package at a national company with more than 27 locations throughout Canada.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
What You Bring
- Collect cash/ticket cassettes from electronic gaming machines and monies from table game drop boxes.
- Participate in the float preparation and loading/unloading of ticket redemption machines.
- Count and confirms monies collected from slot machines, poker tables, and vending machines.
- Prepare daily deposits for slots, lotteries, food and beverage, and table games.
Why Work With Us?
- A self-motivated learner who enjoys mastering tasks accurately.
- Eager to learn, is precise with numbers and likes focusing on the details.
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Energetic at night and enjoys working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Minimum six months of experience handling cash and an ability to add and multiply.
- Strong manual dexterity to accurately handle money, tickets, and poker chips.
- Ability to stand for long periods and pull, lift, and carry objects up to 35 lbs and push/pull a heavy cart.
- The ability to obtain registration with either the BCLC, AGLC or AGCO (based on province).
- Are comfortable working with a team in a small and secure office.
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy. Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com. Apply Now!
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.