Kick-start your career with a selection of entry-level jobs in Canada on 86network.com. Whether this is your first foray into the job market or you are looking for the next opportunity for your chosen career path, we have you covered.
Browse our updated entry-level career listings across Canada in major cities such as Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary. Whether you are a local resident or are planning to emigrate, it is easy to search and apply for various entry-level jobs. Manage your entry-level job applications all in one place through your own account and make your job search quick and painless.
Entry level management position that is responsible for leading and assisting with the successful completion of daily shift requirements. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget. Assists in completing financial and administrative responsibilities.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supports all day-to-day operations.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Coaches, counsels and encourages employees.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Supports all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Front Desk Manager.
• Guides daily Front Desk shift operations.
• Communicates performance expectations to employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Trains staff on adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
• Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
• Understands the impact of Front Desk operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implementing the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
• Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences and aid in problem resolution.
Supporting Handling of Human Resource Activities
• Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
• Participates in an ongoing employee recognition program.
• Conducts training when appropriate.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
• Understands the functions of the Bell Staff, Switchboard and Concierge/Guest Services operations.
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
|When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.|
Feel empowered by our smart and compelling location in Ontario's capital. Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel is a four-star hotel within walking distance of parks, corporate offices, clubs and world-class steakhouses. Take the Osgoode subway to CN Tower, our 350-meter landmark with a revolving restaurant in the clouds. Visit City Hall and Nathan Phillips Square with an effortless stroll across Queen Street. Our hotel boasts the largest indoor/outdoor pool in the city and the largest event space in the country, clocking in at more than 130,000 square feet. Join us for healthy breakfast spreads at BnB and cap a long day downtown at Shopsy's, our century-old eatery with tender ribs. Delicious options are available in your hotel room thanks to our in-room dining service. Relax with Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience and appreciate intuitive accommodations such as safes, coffee makers and lighted makeup mirrors. Select suites offer direct access to free full breakfasts at Club Lounge. Get the best in Toronto.View Company