As a student, finding a job can be a difficult and sometimes overwhelming task due to your challenging school schedule and busy social calendar. But, you have found the right place!
Whether you have little to no experience or are looking for your next job opportunity, our selection of student job listings in Canada will help keep you on track. Find job openings that work for both high school and university or college students. Choose from some on-campus opportunities to keep your commute short or apply for positions that are available closer to your residence. We partner with businesses large and small across Canada to help make your student job search a seamless process.
If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Resident Engagement Manager is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Resident Engagement Manager your typical day will impact in the following ways:
• Providing and assessing recreation therapy activities including outings in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, and resident plan of care and within the scope of practice.
• Participating in initial orientation and leisure assessment of residents and assesses their interests, activity needs and desires.
• Maintaining awareness of changes in the needs of residents in order to modify programs.
• Identifying and encouraging opportunities for residents to share special skills or knowledge with others, inside and outside of the residence.
• Maintaining a positive image of the residence through ongoing communications with the community and local media (press releases to be handled through Head Office marketing).
• Coordinating the volunteer and student placement program for the residence, including recruitment, orientation, directing job assignments, recognition and evaluation of volunteers.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Degree in Recreation/Leisure Studies coupled with Gerontology courses.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in recreation planning for seniors.
• Certified Fitness Instructor through Canadian Center for Active Aging (CCAA) such as SFIC and/or FFOA Certification, CANFIT PRO or willing to certify within one year.
• Ability to maintain budget and quality standards.
• Valid driver’s license (Class F if you drive a bus).
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
With an enviable location featuring seasonal views of the city and Lake Ontario, Traditions of Durham offers a beautiful setting only rivalled by the warmth of its team. Explore our on-site walking paths, lake-side views, and the natural beauty of this area, which is perfect for bird watching. Or stay indoors and discover a new book in the library, enjoy a fitness class, or relax with friends over a nice cocktail in our Wine Bistro bar, this is a place where every day is celebrated and enjoyed to its fullest.View Company