As a student, finding a job can be a difficult and sometimes overwhelming task due to your challenging school schedule and busy social calendar. But, you have found the right place!
Whether you have little to no experience or are looking for your next job opportunity, our selection of student job listings in Canada will help keep you on track. Find job openings that work for both high school and university or college students. Choose from some on-campus opportunities to keep your commute short or apply for positions that are available closer to your residence. We partner with businesses large and small across Canada to help make your student job search a seamless process.
If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Resident Engagement Assistant is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Resident Engagement Assistant, your typical day will impact the following ways:
• Promote a dynamic culture that encourages resident wellbeing, choice, and engagement
• Develop and implement programs in line with guidelines and brand standards
• Develop and pilot new innovative resident experiences and programs with the REM’s guidance
• Leverage technology to develop, enhance, promote, and provide in-suite and group programming within the community to engage residents
• Support The Market per the guidelines, and identify ways for it to continue to better serve residents’ needs under the guidance of the REM
• Support the volunteer program for in-person and remote volunteers, including student internships under the guidance of the REM
• Work in accordance with the organization’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• A degree/diploma in Gerontology, Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Health Promotion, or Health Sciences
• Experience working with seniors, including an understanding of motivational concepts with seniors, as well as health, wellbeing, and leisure principles
• Certified to teach land group fitness, and where necessary aquatic fitness to seniors through a reputable organization, as approved by Sienna and/or willing to obtain within the first 60 days post hire
• Valid driver’s license and/or special class license (or willingness and ability to obtain within the first 6 months of employment) and clean driving record
• Current certificate in CPR and First Aid
• Familiarity with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Proficiency in Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as virtual technologies such as Zoom, Skype, FaceTime etc.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Sienna Senior Living is committed to employment equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. In accordance with provincial regulations, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and assessment process.
Aspira Empire Crossing Retirement Living is situated near the shores of Lake Ontario, that offers comfortable one and two bedroom apartments, useful amenities, a full calendar of activities, and friendly hospitality that allows you to enjoy the retirement to which your hard work has entitled you. Aspira Empire Crossing caters to two distinct lifestyle options, independent and assisted living, as well as two short-term stay options. With every option, you can live your lifestyle, your way.