View and apply to the best full time jobs in Canada in the restaurant, hotel, and tourism industries. Search 86network.com for full time jobs at many of the top restaurants including Cactus Club Cafe, Earls Restaurants, Browns Socialhouse, JOEY Restaurants, and Moxie's Grill & Bar, as well as premier hotels such as JW Marriott, Delta Hotels, The Ritz-Carlton, and Sheraton Hotels.
Full time jobs and careers in hospitality and tourism offer great compensation, flexible work hours, and lifestyle and travel benefits. Use your customer service skills towards building a rewarding full time career. Apply now on 86network.com.
Aburi Restaurants Canada is seeking an experienced FOH Manager for their Miku Waterfront (Vancouver) location. As a Japanese Fine Dining restaurant, pioneers of the Aburi Sushi, we pride ourselves on exceptional service, high quality innovative cuisine, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our growing company.
In addition to day-to-day shift management, FOH Managers are responsible for:
- Developing and meeting monthly financial targets
- Hiring and onboarding staff
- Evaluating staff performance and provide feedback
- Controlling daily scheduling and supervising employees
- Coordinating in-store marketing and promoting Miku in the local market
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and food safety
- Ensuring compliance with all operational regulations with safety, sanitation, and service
- Demonstrating solid leadership by a "Hands On" approach
- Maintaining a high level of guest dining experience
- Maintaining target budget numbers
- Manage and resolve customer complaints
- Manage and resolve team conflicts
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years management experience in upscale fast paced restaurant
- Passion for service and commitment to quality
- Proven leadership skills and positive attitude
- Conceptual understanding of restaurant controls and financial statements
- A proven record of training and developing a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth with management systems
- Strong POS experience
- Open availability and full time hours
- Well versed in basic computer knowledge
- Sound knowledge of online reservation systems (like OpenTable)
- Accreditation in wine or sake is considered an asset
- Japanese restaurant experience or language skills a bonus!
- Serving It Right and a thorough knowledge of liquor laws
- Food Safe certificate and a sound knowledge of food safety regulations
**Before applying, please visit our website mikurestaurant.com to learn about our company, culture, and menu.**
Situated along the Burrard Inlet next to the Vancouver landmark Canada Place, Miku Waterfront continues to deliver gourmet Aburi cuisine paired with its well known, energetic ambience.
Originally located on West Hastings St in Coal Harbour, Miku first introduced Aburi-style cuisine to Vancouver in 2008. Our new location offers a full bar and lounge area, waterfront patio, private dining room and full service sushi bar.
Executive Corporate Chef Kazuya Matsuoka and Executive Chef Kazuhiro Hayashi take advantage of fresh, regional ingredients as well as Ocean Wise seafood options to showcase the best of what Vancouver has to offer.
Traditional Japanese flavours and techniques are combined with local, west coast elements to create a truly unique dining experience enjoyed by locals and visitors alike. Innovative desserts made in house by our pastry team create the perfect ending to the culinary experience.