Find and apply to some of the best restaurant jobs in Canada across the hospitality, tourism and retail industries. Search 86network.com for part time jobs at some of the leading restaurants across the country, including JOEY Restaurants, Cactus Club Cafe, Earls Kitchen + Bar, FAB Restaurant Concepts, SIR Corp, Browns Socialhouse, plus many more.
Part time jobs in the restaurant industry are a great fit for students or those who like to work multiple jobs. The restaurant industry offers not only a flexible schedule but the opportunity to maximize your earnings through tips. Plus, part time jobs in the hospitality industry can easily turn into full time careers when your schedule opens up.
Who we are:
Welcome to the Water St. Café & 2nd Floor Gastown, a true west coast hospitality experience located in the historic Gastown district! We are a growing company and excited to be in one of the most spectacular restaurant locations in Vancouver. We are an upscale casual restaurant that focuses on Italian influenced fair in our 1906 heritage building and speakeasy live music venue the 2nd Floor Gastown. We have an extensive wine and cocktail program to compliment every dining experience for our guests. We strive to deliver luxury service for our guests from the moment they arrive, to the end of their meal, we want their time with us to be memorable.
We are looking for a server to join our energetic and dynamic team. Our successful server will demonstrate strong work ethic, team driven and the ambition to deliver exceptional guest service.
What You’ll do:
- Deliver excellent and engaging guest service, creating a memorable dining experience for each and every guest
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Order and settle bills to various payment media
- Follow restaurant policies, procedures and service standards
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1+ years of Upscale Casual and/or Fine-Dining restaurant serving experience in a similar establishment.
- Demonstrates honesty, openness and kindness
- Friendly and outgoing, positive attitude and energy at all times
- Self-motivated learner, goal orientated
- Strong organization skill, able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Set an example for a respectful, collaborative team while demonstrating appropriate working behaviors
- Problem solving abilities and efficient conflict resolution
- Strong wine knowledge and fine-dining experience is an asset
- Required: Serving it Right Certification
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages with gratuities, staff discounts
- A strong culture of team work, culture and a fun and fast-paced work environment
- Development and hands-on training to grow your career alongside our expert leaders in hospitality
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit your resume.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Water Street Cafe, established in 1988, is on the corner of Water Street and Cambie Street directly across form the world famous Steam Clock. On the ground level with 15 foot floor to ceiling windows in the 1906 built Edward hotel this restaurant has a classic beauty that is unique to Vancouver. For you our coworkers and our many guests the cobble stoned streets and the historic Gastown area is sure to be a perfect fit.View Company