Jacob's and company Steakhouse is looking to add a sommelier/manager to their ever-growing team. We have built a following amongst food and wine enthusiasts and we are looking for someone who shares our passion for fine wine. The ideal candidate will be able to share that passion for wine with guests and inspire that passion inside of our staff. The right person will be able to help create an environment that our staff are happy to work in, our customers are happy to dine in, and all our stakeholders are proud to be associated with.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, understanding not just grammar but
· Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
· Ability to read and understand sales data
· Ability to build positive working relationships and provide clear direction and feedback
· Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations while exhibiting a consistent level
· Ability to handle stress associated with solving problems
· Organization, planning, and time management skills with the ability and initiative to
react effectively and quickly to unexpected circumstances
· Always present a neat professional appearance and demeanor
· Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Accurately complete paperwork and reports
· Must be able to work around changing of schedules, which includes being available to
work days, nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
· Sommelier certificate or equivalent preferred
Responsibilities and Duties
Include but are not limited to:
· Managing staff and schedules for FOH
· Managing day to day operations of service and the restaurant
· Provides ongoing coaching and appropriate progressive discipline to all staff in the
restaurant, managing appropriate documentation, and ensuring all staff understand
their current level of performance.
· Supervises day-to-day operations to ensure all workplace standards and compliances
· Provides orientation and coaching to all new staff in accordance with all our training
· Supervises operations to ensure that all cleaning, maintenance, housekeeping, and side
work duties are accomplished in line with operational standards.
· Proactively communicates with other members of the management team to ensure all
staff are set up for success
· Maintains familiarity with all health and sanitation standards and ensures all staff are
following guidelines appropriately.
· Correctly performs all duties necessary to close the restaurant.
· Beverage inventories