Hello Future Big Rockers!
Do you want to work with one of the largest craft breweries in Canada?! Our Big Rock Vancouver restaurant is looking to hire an experienced and passionate Line Cook who goes hoppy over craft beer and enjoys working on one of the best teams in the city. We are looking for that right fit who has a positive and upbeat attitude, open availability along with a love for all things beer! If you have restaurant industry experience and a passion for food prep, please apply today.
A little about us…..
Founded in 1985 by Ed McNally, a retired lawyer and barley farmer who had a vision to create a craft brewery long before there was even such a term. We are now proud to have breweries in Vancouver, Calgary and Ontario – making us one of Canada’s largest, independent, true craft brewers. Dedicated to brewing quality craft beer and growing the communities we are a part of, our Brewmasters make beer with skill and imagination, utilizing local ingredients and innovative processes - all rooted in Ed’s original passion for excellence.
We are always looking to bring passionate supporters of craft beer along with us on our journey. Our team comprises a group of people who have the opportunity to grow their skills and be creative. Our people feel constantly challenged as we strive to expand our horizons, both literally (such as with new bricks and mortar) and figuratively, as we experiment with rare and novel brewing techniques and unusual ingredients.
• Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items
• Collaborate with the Executive Chef and Cooks to prepare meals during our dining
• Maintain accurate food inventories
• Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
• Rotate stock items as per established procedures
• Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts
• Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your
• Enforce and maintain sanitation and hygiene standards while performing duties
• 2+ year of experience as a Cook in the restaurant industry
• Able to read and follow standardized recipes
• ServSafe Certification
• Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures
• Good sense of humour
• Strong communication skills
• Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere
• Punctual with a strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Ability to “have fun”
• High School diploma or equivalent required
We thank all candidates for applying; however please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
A big part of Vancouver’s thriving craft beer scene, located in the heart of the Brewery Creek/Mount Pleasant district. Our full scale brewery offers brewery tours and tastings, a beer store with growler fill bar, and also features a full service restaurant & lounge serving beer-inspired dishes with live & local music many nights a week.View Company