Wentworth Hospitality Group (Amacon’s hospitality division) is looking for an eager and engaged leader for the Restaurant Manager position at Homer Street Café! If you have an ‘Anything is Possible’ mindset and an entrepreneurial outlook in pursuit of sales, this could be your next career move.
Homer Street Café is a contemporary restaurant set in the historic Homer Building and new Beasley building in Vancouver's Yaletown district. Created within an open concept kitchen bar; classic comfort cooking takes centre stage thanks to a fi re engine red rotisserie that roasts all manner of proteins. If you are looking to work within a culture that strives for excellence, creates a welcoming atmosphere and guest experience, are service obsessed and love the hospitality industry, you are the person we are looking for!
The Restaurant Manager will create a culture of collaboration and personal development as they oversee daily operations to deliver a high-quality dining experience. Responsibilities include directing workflow, educating, and assisting staff, and ensuring quality goals to ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and excellent guest-service standards.
Leads by living into our Vision, Mission & Values.
Solid Management skills in front of the house and 5 years of experience as restaurant manager are required to oversee the dining room, check-in with guests, manage the team, and ensure company policies and industry standards are followed. In addition to maintaining our vision by adhering to our values and management principles, this position must provide the highest level of service to our guests. Reports to the General Manager and works closely with the Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine.
● Passionate and engaging team leader that recognizes and motivates staff to accept personal responsibility and accountability
● Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and leadership skills while prioritizing development, training, and coaching
● Promote a positive team culture while maintaining proper procedures, operating standards, and proper dress code
● Exemplify excellent customer service, create an upbeat environment for customers, and display leadership in guest hospitality
● Ability to Supervise 16-20 staff
Profit & Sales
● Drive sales, support team members with new opportunities and strategies for increasing the cheque average
● Assist in budgetary controls and price inventory to reduce expenses
● Influence and find compelling ways for our businesses to reduce costs and improve systems
● Teach, influence, follow up, and ensure all profit systems and reporting is in place
● Protect the restaurant and guests by complying with sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
● Coordinate operations between the front and the back of the house
● Ensure proper opening and closing procedures are followed and the restaurant is ready for operation
● Education: Secondary education completed
● Experience: 5 years of prior experience as a restaurant manager with proven management and coaching skills.
● Ability to work varied hours
● Knowledge about driving sales and meeting financial goals
● Excellent interpersonal skills with guests and employees
● Customer service focus and quality orientated
● High energy level, with a tolerance for stressful situations
● Able to successfully coach and manage people
● Driven toward personal development
● Computer Skills: Good knowledge Word, Excel, Outlook
● Specific Restaurant Systems: Open Table, Micros and POS Systems
● Serve it Right Certification
● 2 weeks paid vacation
● Discounted staff meals
Salary - $47,000- 48,000/year for 35 hours/week
Availability: As soon as possible
5 shifts/week required, Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings shifts
Permanent employment, Full time 35 hours/week Shifts
Employment conditions: On call, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Night
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
● Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods, Overtime required
● Flexibility, Excellent oral communication, Reliability, Organized, Dependability, Client focus, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player
● Conduct performance reviews, Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms, Organize and maintain inventory
● Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations, Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures, Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices, Develop, implement and analyze budgets, Participate in marketing plans and implementation, Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance, Address customers' complaints or concerns, Provide customer service, Recruit, train and supervise staff
Homer Street Café along with its sister companies: Tableau Bar Bistro and Maxine’s Café & Bar are a part of the Wentworth Hospitality Group (Amacon's hospitality division). Wentworth Hospitality Group is committed to delivering exceptional quality and memorable experiences for all customers.
Homer Street Café is a contemporary restaurant set in the historic Homer Building and new Beasley building in Vancouver's Yaletown district. Created within an open concept kitchen bar; classic comfort cooking takes centre stage thanks to a fire engine red rotisserie that roasts all manner of proteins. If you are looking to work within a culture that strives for excellence, creates a welcoming atmosphere and guest experience, are service obsessed and love the hospitality industry, you are the person we are looking for!
Please visit amacon.com via the link provided to view current job openings: https://amacon.bamboohr.com/jobs/