This version is in effect since May 20, 2018.
The website 86network.com (the “Website”) is owned and operated by EightSix Network Inc. (“EightSix”). EightSix provides and maintains an online service for connecting job-seekers with employers (the “Service”) through the Website.
1. Acknowledgement and Acceptance
2. Your Responsibility for Use of the Website and the Service
3. Privacy of Your Personal Information
4. Your Privacy-Related Responsibilities
5. Your General Responsibilities
6. Your Specific Responsibilities
7. System Requirements
8. Paid Access
9. Modifications to the Website and/or the Service
11. Assumption of Risk and Disclaimer of Warranties
12. Limitation of Liability
13. Third Party Sites
14. Proprietary Rights
16. Jurisdiction and Governing Law
17. General Provisions
1. Acknowledgement and acceptance
- ACCESSING THE WEBSITE;
- USING THE SERVICE;
- CLICKING ON THE “CREATE” BUTTON TO CREATE A JOB-SEEKER PROFILE; OR
- CLICKING ON THE “CREATE ACCOUNT” BUTTON TO CREATE AN EMPLOYER ACCOUNT.
2. Your responsibility for use of the website and the service
If you register for an account at the Website, you will be asked to provide a password. You agree to keep this password confidential from all persons. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality your password. You agree that you are responsible for all uses of your account, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify EightSix of any unauthorized access to your account at the Website or any other breach of security.
3. Privacy of your personal information
4. Your privacy-related responsibilities
Through your use of the Website or the Service, you may have access to information pertaining to one or more identifiable individuals (“Personal Information of Others”). You acknowledge that any Personal Information of Others that is disclosed to you through the Website or the Service is governed by the privacy laws of British Columbia, Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, and Canada, as well as privacy laws applicable where you access the information, and you agree to comply with all such privacy laws, notwithstanding the fact that some such privacy laws may not apply to you or your collection, use or disclosure of the information. If you are an employer, you agree not to collect, use or disclose Personal Information of Others for any purposes other than recruiting, identifying and hiring employees for your business.
You represent and warrant that you have the authority and capacity to disclose any information you provide to the Website or the Service for the purposes for which EightSix collects the information that you provide. You agree not to provide any Personal Information of Others to the Website or the Service.
5. Your general responsibilities
You agree NOT to use the Website or the Service to:
- transmit or solicit any pornographic, obscene, offensive, threatening, harassing, libelous, hate-oriented, defamatory, racist, illegal or otherwise objectionable material or content;
- transmit or solicit any material or content that infringes copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights;
- transmit or solicit any material or content that violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others;
- transmit “spam” or violate any Canadian, United States or other jurisdiction’s spamming, junk mail or other related laws or regulations prohibiting or discouraging unsolicited mail; or
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any computer systems, accounts or databases maintained by or for EightSix.
You agree NOT to:
- make any attempt to interfere with the proper operation of the Website or any activity being conducted on the Website;
- interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Website;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website’s infrastructure;
- to the extent you have access to one or more non-public areas of the Website, not share this access with any third party;
- use or attempt to use any automated engine, software, tool, agent or other means (including without limitation browsers, spiders and robots) to access, navigate or search the Website;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Website;
- aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the content available on the Website; or
- frame or link to any page, element, or other content available on the Website, other than the landing pages at 86network.com and www.86network.com.
If you engage in any activity set forth in this section, EightSix may immediately and without notice terminate your account with the Website and may prohibit your use of the Service. EightSix may report any unlawful conduct to the appropriate authorities and may turn over any and all information regarding such activity to the appropriate persons or entities.
6. Your specific responsibilities
If you are a job-seeker, you may use the Website and the Service only for the lawful purposes of seeking employment. If you are an employer, you may use the Website and the Service only for the lawful purposes of and recruiting, identifying and hiring employees for your business.
You may not, and you agree that you will not, use the Website or the Service to:
- provide any incomplete, inaccurate, untrue or misleading information;
- solicit participation, other than as an employee, in any business, venture, or investment opportunity;
- create job-postings for a competitor of EightSix;
- create job-postings for any business and/or location other than the business/location associated with your employer account upon signup; or
- provide content that contains links to any site competitive with EightSix Network.
- repost the same job and job description within 30 days of the original job posting (“spam” the job board)
7. System requirements
In order to use the Website and the Service, you must have a computer system with at least the following minimum requirements:
- an ADSL, Cable, or faster Internet connection; and,
8. Paid access
Once initiated, annual memberships are renewed 365 days from the date of membership activation unless EightSix receives express written consent from the member to terminate their membership. Members will receive an emailed notification no less than seven (7) days before their annual renewal date notifying them of its approach and advising them to contact EightSix in order to make changes to their membership status. Should EightSix not receive confirmed notification to cancel membership renewal before the renewal date, membership dues will be billed on the renewal date and cancellation fees (see Membership Policy below) will enter into effect.
All paid services are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
All memberships – whether paid monthly or yearly – represent a one year commitment. Any client wishing to cancel a membership will be required to pay an early cancellation fee equal to 50% of the outstanding balance upon date of cancellation request.
9. Modifications to the website and/or the service
You acknowledge and agree that EightSix may, with or without notice, modify or terminate the Website and/or the Service. Modifications to the Website and/or the Service may include, without limitation, modifications to:
- means of accessing the Website and/or the Service;
- means of creating, viewing, updating and/or deleting job seeker profiles;
- means of searching and/or browsing job-postings;
- means of creating job-postings;
- means of searching and/or viewing job seeker profiles;
- means of communicating with job-seekers and/or employers through the Website or other means; and,
- any and all content of the Website.
You acknowledge and agree that EightSix is not responsible for any loss or alteration of information on the Website, or for any consequences attributable, directly or indirectly, loss or alteration of information on the Website.
- ACCESSING THE WEBSITE;
- USING THE SERVICE; OR
- CLICKING THE “SIGN IN” BUTTON WHEN LOGGING IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
11. Assumption of risk and disclaimer of warranties
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF OR RELATING TO ACCURACY, ACCESSIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, RELIABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR PERFORMANCE, ALL OF WHICH ARE DISCLAIMED BY EIGHTSIX TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
EIGHTSIX MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, VIRUS-FREE, ERROR-FREE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; NOR DOES EIGHTSIX MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO ANY INFORMATION THAT MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE FOR THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICE IS FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
EIGHTSIX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFORMATION CONTAINED IN JOB SEEKER PROFILES, INFORMATION ABOUT EMPLOYERS, AND INFORMATION CONTAINED IN JOB-POSTINGS. EIGHTSIX DOES NOT WARRANT THE CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS OR RELIABILITY OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE. EIGHTSIX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITY, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR OTHER LOSS RESULTING FROM USE OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE. IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY DATA OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOADING OF SUCH DATA OR MATERIAL.
EIGHTSIX TAKES NO PART IN ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN JOB-SEEKERS AND EMPLOYERS. EIGHTSIX HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE JOBS LISTED IN JOB-POSTINGS ON THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICE. EIGHTSIX DOES NOT VERIFY, MONITOR OR CONTROL THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF INFORMATION CONTAINED IN JOB-POSTINGS OR JOB SEEKER PROFILES, THE IDENTITIES OF JOB-SEEKERS OR EMPLOYERS, THE ABILITY OF EMPLOYERS TO OFFER JOB OPPORTUNITIES TO JOB-SEEKERS, OR THE ABILITY OF JOB-SEEKERS TO FILL JOB OPENINGS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE RISKS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE RISK OF PHYSICAL HARM, INHERENT IN DEALING WITH STRANGERS, UNDERAGE PERSONS OR PEOPLE ACTING UNDER FALSE PRETENSES. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH DEALING WITH OTHER USERS WITH WHOM YOU COME IN CONTACT THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICE.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FORM, CONTENT AND ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE. YOU AGREE TO ASSUME RISKS ARISING FROM ANY MISTAKE, ERROR OR OMISSION IN INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE.
12. Limitation of liability
13. Third party sites
The Website and/or the Service may contain links or references to other internet sites operated by other persons (collectively, the “Third Party Sites”). EightSix is not responsible or liable for and has no control over Third Party Sites or their content, and does not sponsor or endorse Third Party Sites. Your use of Third Party Sites is at your own risk.
14. Proprietary rights
The content of the Website and the Service including the software, HTML code, graphics, images, text, forms, job seeker profiles, job-postings and other materials (the “Content”) is protected by domestic and foreign intellectual property laws, including without limitation, copyright, trademarks, and other proprietary rights and is the property of EightSix and other persons, with all rights reserved. EIGHTSIX, EIGHTSIXNETWORK and SKETCH are trademarks of EightSix.
If you are a job-seeker EightSix authorizes you to download and view a single copy of the Content on the Website solely for your personal, noncommercial use.
If you are an employer EightSix authorizes you to download and view a single copy of the Content on the Website solely for the purpose of recruiting, identifying and hiring employees for your business.
Your use of the Service does not transfer to you any rights in the Website or the Content.
By submitting content to the Website or the Service, including without limitation for inclusion in a Profile or job-posting, you grant EightSix a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers), non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You also warrant that the holder of any rights, including moral rights in such content, has waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. For greater certainty, rights to any original content created by you and provided to the Website or the Service remain with you.
16. Jurisdiction and governing law
17. General provisions